There are many initiatives in the world with great transformational potential that work for sustainability and in which social and ecological dimensions are connected.
Lighthouse offers the initiatives selected for Mapping Initiatives:
- to be included in our database and on our virtual interactive map to increase their visibility
- support for establishing local and global contacts and networks
- the possibility of receiving invitations to participate in meetings and other exchange, training or other activities that Lighthouse may organize
Lighthouse supports creating connections between the selected Mapping Initiatives with other initiatives and individuals. In addition, it opens the possibility of future collaborations with Lighthouse and the inclusion in our international network of initiatives, groups, organizations and individuals working in a transdisciplinary, cross-cultural, creative and innovative way for a more sustainable future.
If you identify with this program, we want to get to know you, include you in our network and support you, so that your experience is known and others can learn about it.
In the Mapping Initiatives program, we accept applications from informal groups, associations, a participatory research project, etc. acting locally or internationally. Other requirements for participation in Mapping Initiatives include:
- Working in an innovative way
- Exist as an initiative at the time of application and have already carried out some activities
- Work to include the social and ecological dimensions of sustainability – although applications will also be considered for initiatives that move along only one of the two dimensions, if their innovative potential justifies it
- Have at least one person on the team, who speaks one of these three languages: English, Spanish or German
- Having, at least on an occasional basis, an Internet connection and access to computer equipment for a remote meeting